11 June 2011

11 June 2011

I haven't taken a new set of photos of all my tattoos yet. There is still a good bit of redness, scabbing, and some bruising around them. I do want to post one new photo of the right wrist though.


Clicking on that image will give you a closer view of it. There is a lot of minor scabbing, but there is now a better view of how faded this tattoo is. Comparing it to the before and post first treatment photos shows how much ink has been lost.

While my others haven't done nearly as well as this one, I'm still more than pleased with how they are turning out. They are all much better than I expected.

I should be healed well enough to get good photos next weekend. I can't wait to see how they look.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your experience. I had 15 treatments to remove a tattoo on my arm a few years ago, and it didn't work very well and caused bad scarring. Your healing process looks just like mine did, so I'm thinking my body just didn't handle it well. What is the specific type of laser you're using? I really want to be able to wear short sleeves again. Also did they tell you to scrub the tattoo afterward? -AK

K said...

I wasn't told to scrub it, just keep it moistened and use antibacterial cream on it while it is healing. I think scrubbing it might cause a bit of scarring, because a lot of people blister and scab up after and that needs to go through the natural healing process.

The laser I am getting is a Q-Switch laser, I think? I need to ask exactly what it is next time.

If possible, you should visit a cosmetic surgeon and see about a laser resurfacing. I have some minor scarring from the non-laser treatment I did on my left arm. The laser removal seems to actually be helping heal that a little, but I was told a resurfacing laser can be used at the end of the tattoo treatments if I want to fix it a little more.