15 June 2011

15 June 2011

Before I decided on laser tattoo removal, I looked into various options. I hoped there was something less expensive that worked quicker. I researched abrasion creams like Wrecking Balm and Tat B Gone and learned that they really don't work. I tried Tat Gone Ink (mentioned in one of my first posts, which is basically the same as Rejuvi. It worked, but left a lot of scarring.

I always looked for blogs or sites with stories from real people who used these removal methods and posted updates on how the process went. I found that while researching a removal method called Nuviderm. Nuviderm uses Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA), which is also used for facial peels and acne scarring. Using a much stronger concentration, it can fade tattoos. It looked promising and buying TCA alone isn't very expensive. A little more research made me change my mind. I found two blogs (Tinastier's and London Diva's) which detail a TCA removal process. They do show fading, but the scarring and damage to the skin doesn't look worth it to me.

There might be success stories with all the methods mentioned above. I cannot personally say that they work or they don't, but I want to post as many personal experiences with various removal processes as I can. If anyone reading has any experience with these methods, positive or negative, please post! Also, I would love to read any other blogs being written by someone going through any type of removal process.

2 comments:

bbb2011 said...

If you're interested, I'm documenting my laser removal as well. Feel free to check out my blog at butterflybyebye@blogspot.com

K said...

Thanks, I just checked it out. All I can say is, "Ouch."

I'm glad I haven't had to deal with the blisters yet. If I'm lucky, it will stay that way.

Yours looks to be fading really well though. I can't wait to see how the different colors end up going with it.

Good luck with it! (Added you to my blog list, by the way.)