03 June 2011

03 June 2011

I have just returned from my second treatment. It was more painful than I remember. Don't let that discourage you from getting laser removal, if you plan on doing it though. The pain of the laser is temporary. Right now, I mostly feel like I have a sunburn.

This time it was done a little different. Lidocaine injections were done, like last time, but a topical Lidocaine gel was also put on my stomach and left arm. Also, more injections were done around the bottom part of my stomach. It was very noticeable which spots received more of the medication than others. Some spots I barely felt, other spots were pretty bad.

The laser was also turned a little stronger than last time. If that is supposed to make it feel any worse, I didn't notice.

I will have more pictures as soon as I start to heal. I do have some I got with my phone while still in the office.


This is my right forearm right after the injection of Lidocaine. I have sensitive skin, so it was already getting red.


This is my left arm right after treatment. The white spots are how the skin looks as soon as the laser hits it. Soon after, it starts to turn red.


This is my right forearm about 15 minutes after, right before getting bandaged.


This is my stomach a few minutes after treatment. I worried last time because the ink started to look darker, as it does here.

It is going on three hours since the treatment and I am not sure how everything looks yet. I am still bandaged and will keep this on throughout the day.

It will be a few weeks before these are fully healed and I am able to see the difference since my last treatment, but if it is even half as good as the first, I will be completely satisfied.

I will try to post updates tomorrow and will post as many as possible throughout the coming weeks. As for now, I am going relax and drink a lot of cold water.

No comments: