26 April 2012

26 April 2012

Small two week update, because everything is still red.

This is the one from my right wrist. Take a look at the last image in this post that shows how it looked before any treatments. As you can see, there really isn't much ink left now. I mentioned it is still red and some skin is still peeling around it. It also still itches, which I take as a good sign. From what I know, this means that the body is still breaking down and destroying the ink. If there is any ink left on this one, the next treatment will be the last it needs.

The other tattoos still have a few treatments to go, but I can see a noticeable difference in all of them. I've learned to wait a while to compare the difference, because it does continue to fade weeks after the treatment has been done.

Now for some technical details ... I have information on the lasers used at Williamson Cosmetic Center, where I am getting this done. Currently, they are using the YAG Laser at a 1064nm wavelength. I am told this is great for black ink and good for blue and green. They will later switch to the Alexandrite Laser at a 755nm wavelength. This will be better for the harder to get black ink and it is also used for green ink.

I will update again soon with pictures of all the other tattoos.

5 comments:

C.J. said...

Looking good. I think it is great to keep a photo diary, as it is easy to get disheartened, but good to look at older pics and see the difference.

Unknown said...

Hi,
Please can you post the final pictures, it would be interesting to see the result. I'm just about to go for my first laser tattoo removal consultation, your blog has been very useful!

Thanks

Sandra

Anonymous said...

Please don't stop posting. Your blog gives me hope! All the best!

Anonymous said...

pls update on your tattoo removal progress. thank you very much for your blog :).

Anonymous said...

So how is it join ?
Any progress ?

Great blog, thank you!