11 February 2011

11 February 2011

I am done with my first treatment and I am pleasantly surprised. My skin responded very well. I had read about the pain, but wasn't expecting it to feel the way it did. It's not the worst pain I have felt, but it is extremely uncomfortable. I've heard it described as repeatedly being popped with a rubber band. I'd say it is more like being popped with a rubber band made of metal and tiny needles which has been heated to 400 degrees. I was lucky that I was injected with Lidocaine instead of a topical application of it.

Here are pictures of the tattoos about 24 hours after the treatment. There is still a lot of red around them and I was told to expect this for a few days. The tattoos may also appear darker than they were before treatment for a little while too.


The sides of my stomach are red from having just cleaned the area and applied a topical cream. It was easily the most painful. I could feel the zaps of the laser going through my ribs as the top was done. The bottom of it hurt the most. There are small lines that I noticed have completely disappeared. There is some bruising at the bottom from the injection.


This one will probably the the hardest to remove and may require some laser resurfacing to get rid of the scars from the first removal attempt.


This one was quick and easy, and some small parts are gone already.


This one was the lightest and I can notice the most difference in it. I think it might be almost completely gone after the next treatment.

Once the redness goes away, I will take more photos. Then again as I notice any changes.

Right now there is a lot of itching and irritation when anything touches the area. The pain during the treatment only lasts as long as the treatment itself. After it's over, it is only minor discomfort. Once the next treatment rolls around, I will have forgotten how much it hurt and be excited to do it again. As of right now, I am happy I have a while before then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think this is really helpful for me as i went for my first session yesterday without any consultation to anyone who has done it earlier, i read another blog and it mentioned about the type of lassers that they use, i was really scared. but when i see your pictures it look similar, i have a tattoo with circular shape of a crown and a cross. but just after the first session i saw drastical change how the ink has gone. at the moment its still redish with little bruises but its really fine i hope it will heal soon, my next session will be after 20 days. now i am worried if it leave scar. good luck to you and feel free to mail me at phayetmimungrei@gmail.com, we can exchange pictures and advices to motivate each other ..thanks